- Rep. Sean Garballey (Arlington, Medford) filed "An Act to Provide Coverage for Hearing Aids for Children" in January 2009.
- The bill was docketed as HB910 and went to hearing before the Joint Committee on Financial Services in November 2009.
- Several familes (including children), private service providers and professionals from Children's Hospital testified at the hearing, which lasted two hours.
- HB910 made it out of committee and was sent along to the Joint Committee on Health Care Financing in April 2010.
- The Joint Committee on Health Care Financing had a cost analysis performed for hearing aid coverage, but the report did not include an analysis of what it would cost to implement a children's bill alone.
- The Committee put the bill to study, effectively tabling the bill for the remainder of the session.
Welcome or Welcome Back!